So there I am, amidst doing my confinement and fussing over the little one. I actually found some time to review this new app that allows me to do grocery shopping without having to step out of the house. Speaking of which, if not for those few trips to the gynae and PD, I would have fainted due to cabin fever. So I’m very thankful that the doc trips are scheduled as such!
So what is Redmart? It is a service provided via an app that eliminates the hassle of you popping to the store to grab your essentials, especially heavy and bulky ones. Think diapers, formula milk, rice etc. I was quite intrigued by the idea of such service because I used to talk about it. Someone could deliver a carton of pads to my residence since I need to use it every month! Haha!
So since Charley’s diapers were running out and it was pretty much sold out everywhere (we’re using Hugggies for Newborn, it must have been so awesome to be sold out even in Malaysia!) I downloaded the app and we went to Redmart.
Pros of the Service:
1. I like the cleanliness, ease of use and aesthetics of the app. Okay, you really don’t like clutter when you’re shopping on your mobile right? Redmart is easy to navigate and use. The colors of the pages are soothing to the eyes and the product images are clear. Everything is nicely categorized as per product type.
2. Free delivery above $49! (Don’t ask me why such funny number) Definitely easy to hit when you’re a new mum like myself. We didnt go eco-friendly with diapers due to some reasons and newborn changes diapers like nobody’s business! So I clicked away to 4 more packs of Huggies and we’ll be trying out 1 pack of Merries for Newborn. If Huggies is out of stock at least my daughter have an alternative that doesn’t irritate her skin.
3. Price point was pretty decent. I must say that their items are competitively range that I’ve no idea what they are earning from after paying their delivery man.
4. I like that they allow payment via credit card at the door. Very hassle free. You know when you pay online you have so many things to fill up and still got to verify card?
5. They actually sent a reminder SMS to remind you about the delivery and payment a few hours before they reach your doorstep.
Room for Improvement:
1. They stated same day delivery but when I was finished with my order at 6.16pm, they asked me to choose next day delivery and the delivery slot available was 5pm onwards. Maybe it was stated to be during working hours, but i wished that the information was put across somewhat clearer.
2. There are a variety of items available for shopping, but when it comes to the chocolate range there’s only Ferrero Rocher.. gotta work on that!
3. Could have a function to add on items after you’ve submitted your orders. Ok I tried to add on by calling in to the operator a tad too late and despatch was already out. My bad.
4. Generally could increase the variety of more non-perishable items. I’m hoping they can turn into an online Carrefour.
5. Have a clearer product description as per original packaging.
One thing for shopping online for groceries is that you are not able to choose what was sent to you. You know how often people just choose the second arrangement in-line on the shelves? Like I bought a pack of potato chips I would prefer to take the second pack because I feel that the first pack may be broken into pieces. Very Aunty right? But I don’t care.
The delivery came by at 5.30pm today and the transaction was completed within 5 mins. I like! If the prices and quality of service maintains at this standard I would definitely engage their service for a long way down the road. We’ll see!
The above are my two cents worth, in no way am I paid to review this app. Thus, my user experience is in no way compromised and is a truthful review of what I actually feel when shopping at Redmart.